Ensuring our children are safe and well.
The Children’s Advocacy Alliance is committed to the long-term goal of safely reducing the number of children in foster care and improving the outcomes for those children and families who are already in care by addressing the three strategic drivers of progress and change:
1) Preventing abuse and neglect and entry into foster care
2) Improving the programs and practices necessary to support children and families in the child welfare system
3) Promoting safe exits and ensuring successful transitions for youth and families leaving the child welfare system.
To ensure the safety and well-being of our children and their families, the Children’s Advocacy Alliance is working to:
- Engage a diverse coalition of community members in identifying and developing a shared vision for child and family well-being in our community.
- Collect data and conduct research on best practices to develop a comprehensive system for preventing child abuse and neglect, and providing necessary care and services for children and families in the system.
- Revise and update laws affecting child welfare to ensure that they are consistent with federal laws, and to ensure the appropriate level of services for children and families in the system.
- Ensure that appropriate services are available to ensure the safety and well-being of youth and young adults who are involved in sex trafficking in our State.
- Review and revise the funding structure in Nevada that supports prevention services for children and families at risk of becoming involved with child welfare and for those who are currently involved with child welfare.
Please click on the links below for more information on CAA’s Safety Projects.
Download the Children’s Safety Issue Brief PDF document.
Download the Child Welfare – Reasonable Efforts Policy Brief PDF document.